You see I had planned on doing a WIAW Wednesday post but my days have been all mixed up and I thought today was tuesday (aka the day I take all my photos) and anyways long story short the only photos I have are of the donuts Im about to show you below and a piece of toast with peanut butter and jelly. But hey I still wanted to participate in Jens awesome link up because it is my favourite blogging day of the week so I thought I’d switch thinks up and post a recipe!
All right back to the donuts. Oh yes; the donuts.
Today I was feeling a bit stressed and there are two things I like to do when this happens; run and bake. So first I ran and ran and ran until I was tired. I had no clue how long it was I just wanted to run and think with no milage tracking what-so-ever. And then I baked; donuts to be exact! Not just any donuts.. healthy(er) vegan molasses glazed coconut donuts! Phew. That was a mouthful. These little guys were packed full of wholesome delicious ingredients and the only disappointment was I didn’t make nearly enough!
Makes 6 Donuts
- 1 1/2 c Wholewheat Baking Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 c Honey
- 3/4 c Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 c Apple sauce
- 1/4 Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add your honey into the same bowl and combine.
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat and whisk together the rest of your ingredients. Heat for about 3 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Pour the almond milk mixture into your dry ingredients and combine.
- Grease your donut pan or muffin tin (I used coconut oil to keep this vegan) and pour your dough into it.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you are using a muffin tin you can cut out a hole in the middle of your muffin to make it look like a donut!
- Top with glaze immediately and then let cool before serving.
Theres only two donuts left and I bet you can’t guess who called dibs on it for tomorrow mornings breakfast